Important information for primary brokers prior to the billing cycle that begins July 1, 2015.
MEMBERSHIP CHANGES & WAIVER DEADLINES
For questions regarding Membership, including status changes or waivers, please contact our Membership Department at 599-4224 or 1-800-628-3121 (Neighbor Islands only), ext. #160, or email email@example.com.
- We must receive a copy of the completed Real Estate Change Form that is filed with the DCCA.
- To ensure that changes or cancellations are processed before the July 1st billing, change forms must be received by Wednesday, June 24, 2015.
- Once we charge a credit card or debit an account, there is no refund for unused services.
- Anyone who is currently under a full waiver or wants to continue accessing the MLS service under a licensed support status must submit a new waiver application annually.
- Agents, assistants or other staff who are not currently under waiver but are seeking waiver status must also submit a waiver application. This applies to all licensed support subscribers, property managers and time-share agents.
- Waivers are also required for partners, officers, directors or shareholders who are located on the Big Island or Kauai, who are licensed but do not engage in sales activity, and do not need access to the service.
- The deadline for submitting Waiver Applications for the new fiscal year (July 1, 2015through June 30, 2016) is June 30, 2015.
- Click here to obtain the Waiver Application form.
- Any licensed broker, salesperson or appraiser who is employed by a Principal Broker Subscriber or Principal Appraiser Subscriber who reside on the Big Island or Kauai, must subscribe to the MLS service.
- Anyone who appears as a Principal Broker or Broker-in-Charge in the DCCA PVL License search site is not eligible for a waiver.
- All waiver applications are subject to the HIS Board of Directors approval.
- Waivers may be revoked upon discovery that a waiver applicant has engaged in sales activity or received commissions or referral fees associated with real estate sales. In this event, subscription fees may be assessed retroactive to the effective date that the waiver was granted.
EARLY BILLING REMINDERS
For questions regarding billing, please call our Accounting Department at 599-4224 or 1-800-628-3121 (Neighbor Islands only), ext. #454, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print and complete a new Exhibit C – Pre-authorized Payment Agreement (click on the link). Your broker’s signature is not required if you are only changing your account information.
- Return the form by either:
- Emailing it to email@example.com
- Faxing it to (808) 524-6874
- The deadline to make any changes to your billing is Wednesday, June 24, 2015.
It is the responsibility of the PB to insure that the fees for all agents in his/her office are due are paid on time. If payment is not made by the 10th of the month, service may be interrupted for the entire office.
- Release the agent, by placing their license on inactive status with DCCA, and providing a copy of the release form to HIS before the July 1st billing (the agent’s signature is not required). Fees will continue to be billed until a copy of the DCCA Change Form is received by HIS.
- Loan the agent sufficient funds to pay their MLS fees.
- Pay the fees due on behalf of the agent.
As always, we appreciate your cooperation and your business!
Our office will be closed in observance of Kamehameha Day on Thursday, June 11, 2015. Normal office hours will resume the next day, Friday, June 12, 2015.
In observance of Independence Day, our office will also be closed on Friday, July 3, 2015. Normal office hours (Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) will resume on Monday, July 6, 2015.
In the event of emergency, you may leave a message in our emergency voice mailbox by calling the main office number and pressing * (star) – 1-800-628-3121 from the neighbor islands, or 599-4224 on Oahu. Leave a message and our phone system will notify our on-call staff that there is an emergency message.