The Hawaii Information Service office will be closed on Friday, July 3, 2015 in observance of Independence Day. Normal office hours will resume on Monday, July 6.
As always, you can reach us after hours and on weekends by leaving a message on our emergency line. Just call (808) 599-4224 or (800) 628-3121 from the neighbor islands, and press * (star). Our phone system will notify our on-call staff, and someone will return your call as soon as possible.
The next observed holiday will be Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 7. Our team would like to wish you a great week, and thank you for your support!
Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the U.S. commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Photo by Edmund Garman.
The upcoming release of REsearch 6 is bringing with it an all new and improved online help system!
While we are continuing to expand and update this Knowlege Base website, you can check it out right now at:
This new online help system can be easily searched, is much easier to browse (and looks great on mobile devices), and is organized to get you the information you need faster than ever!
We have already moved over all of our FAQ and help articles from our current system, but the Knowledge Base introduces several helpful new sections.
- REsearch Changes: Quickly review the differences between REsearch 5 and REsearch 6.
- Feedback & Bug Reporting: Let us know about your REsearch 6 experience and how we can make it better.
- Bugs and Known Issues: A list of fixes and enhancements that we’re working on, updated frequently during the REsearch 6 beta testing period.
- Help and Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to common questions and a library of help articles.
The site will also show you the latest system news, and will be where you can find our growing library of video tours. And there’s much more to come!
We encourage you to bookmark this new Knowledge Base (which will also be linked throughout REsearch 6) and visit often to keep up-to-date on the work we’re doing behind the scenes to make REsearch the best integrated MLS and public records system available.
Beta Test REsearch 6?
We’re excited to announce that the volunteer beta testing team for REsearch 6 is the largest we’ve ever enlisted, and we’re already getting great feedback. If you’d like early access to the next version of REsearch, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We’d like to thank those of you who were able to join us at our live, in-person “Sneak Peek” demos of REsearch 6 earlier this month.
For those of you who couldn’t make it, we will be soon be posting a series of videos that you can watch to familiarize yourself with REsearch 6 on your own schedule!
ONE-TIME SPECIAL PRICE OF $675 ON ANNUAL MLS FOR THE NEW FISCAL YEAR THAT BEGINS JULY 1ST!
Payments are being accepted NOW!
This notice is for MLS members on annual billing or MLS members interested in switching to annual billing. Please share this with your colleagues.
If you haven’t already taken advantage of the MLS Annual Special for the July 1, 2015 billing, here’s what you need to do:
Mail a check for $675 to Hawaii Information Service, 680 Iwilei Rd., Ste. 670, Honolulu, HI 96817.
Mail, email, or fax a copy of a voided check so that we can debit your payment of $675 from your bank account (ACH payment). All ACH payments will be debited on June 30, 2015. Please remember that credit or debit card payments do not qualify for this special.
To qualify for the special annual rate of $675, payment must be received by JULY 1, 2015.
For further assistance, please contact our Accounting Department:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Neighbor Islands (888) 628-3121, All Others (808) 536-6499
- Phone: Neighbor Islands (800) 628-3121 ext. 163, All Others (808) 599-4224
Important Reminder: Per MLS Subscriber rules, we do not issue refunds or credits for unused service.
Photo by Ken Teegardin/Flickr.
Congratulations to our many members recognized this year!
The Hawaii Information Service ‘ohana offers its heartiest congratulations to its many members that were recognized by Hawaii Business magazine in its ninth annual “Top 100 Realtors.” This year’s featured Realtors were recognized yesterday at a special celebration at The Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki.
Big Island agents in attendance (above), and agents from Kauai (below).
We also paid tribute to this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award winner Rochelle Lee Gregson, who retired last month after a decade at the helm of the Honolulu Board of Realtors.
And this year, Hawaii Information Service was the evening’s entertainment sponsor. Powerhouse Hawaiian musician Willie K gave an electrifying performance. Here he showcases his vocal talents with Italian opera standard “O Sole Mio.”
The Hawaii Business Top 100 Realtors for 2015:
- Adrienne W. Lally – Keller Williams Honolulu
- Ann T. Kwock – Trinity Properties, LLC
- Anne Hogan Perry – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Anne Rediske – Anne Rediske REALTOR
- Atsuko Sato – Keller Williams Honolulu
- Barbara L. Sloan – Coldwell Banker Bali Hai Realty, Inc.
- Ben M. Welborn – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- Beth Chang – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Billy Jalbert – The Maui Real Estate Team, Inc
- Bob Hansen – Maui Estates International (W); Maui Luxury Real Estate LLC
- Bob Myers – Kona Resort Properties
- Brandon C. Lau – Prudential Locations LLC
- Bryn W. Kaufman – OahuRE.com
- Corinda S. Wong – Prudential Locations LLC
- Cynthia L. Nash – Choi International
- Dan Madden – East Oahu Realty, Inc.
- Daniel K. Ihara – Keller Williams Honolulu
- Dano Sayles – RE/MAX Lifestyle
- David J. Kucic – Hawaii Military Realty, Inc.
- David Johnston – Kukio Properties
- Dean A. Otto – Sakamoto Properties Limited
- Debbie Arakaki – Elite Pacific Properties, LLC
- Derek Kamm – Choi International
- Dolores P. Bediones – Prudential Locations LLC
- Don A. Persons – Gold Coast Real Estate Inc.
- Elizabeth L. Suratt – Sterman Realty
- Erin B. Evans – CENTURY 21 All Islands
- Glen H. Fujihara – Prudential Locations LLC
- Gregory J. Harbottle – Gregory Harbottle, Inc
- Gregory K. Natori – Hawaii Resource Realty
- Hannah Sirois – Kauai Heritage Properties, LLC
- Harold Clarke – Windermere/C and H Properties
- Iku S. Honda – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- James A. Schneider – Kukio Properties
- Jan Nores – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- Jeffrey N. Samuels – Jeffrey Samuels Real Estate
- Jeremy Stice – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- JoAnn M. Aki – Emerald Club Realty, Inc.
- Joel L. Cavasso – CENTURY 21 Kailua Beach
- John L. Tyrrell – Jack Tyrrell & Company
- John Peterson – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Jon M. Yamasato – Prudential Locations LLC
- Joni J. Metzler – Kohanaiki Realty LLC
- Josh Jerman – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- Julianna Garris – Choi International
- Kay M. Mukaigawa – Primary Properties Inc.
- Ken Smith – Coldwell Banker Island Prop(S)
- Kim Insley-Morrell – Coldwell Banker Island Prop(S)
- Kimm M. Hirahara – List Sotheby’s Int’l Realty
- Maggie L. Huang – Choi International
- Malia Siu – Prudential Locations LLC
- Margaret Murchie – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Margy Grosswendt – Margy Grosswendt RE Agency LLC
- Marshall C. Mower – Prudential Locations LLC
- Mary Anne Fitch – Maui Estates International LLC
- Mary LaVoie-Olson – Elite Pacific Properties, LLC
- Mary M. Beddow – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Mei Pang – Prudential Advantage Realty
- Melanie Long – Pacific International Realty
- Myra Brandt – Kahala Associates, Inc.
- Myron N. Kiriu – Prudential Advantage Realty
- Nancy J. Callahan – The Wailea Group LLC
- Nathalie C. Mullinix – Nathalie Mullinix Realty Universal, Inc.
- Neal A. Norman – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- Nelson C. Ferreira – Kaanapali Resort Realty LLC
- Nicole Inja Choi – Prudential Locations LLC
- Patricia Case – Case Properties International
- Patricia Choi – Choi International
- Raymond S. Chin – Maui Estates International LLC
- Rebecca J. Keliihoomalu – MacArthur Sotheby’s International Realty – Kamuela
- Rhonda Smith-Sanchez – Coldwell Banker Island Prop(P)
- Richard S. Cricchio – Help-U-Sell Honolulu Prop.
- Rob Shelton – Island Sotheby’s Int’l Rlty(L)
- Robert H. Dein – Maui Real Estate Advisors LLC
- Robert J. Cartwright – Whalers Realty Inc
- Robert Kildow – Hualalai Realty
- Robert R. Myers – Coldwell Banker Island Prop(L)
- Roger R. Pleski – Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
- Ronald N. Lee – Real Estate Incorporated
- Roxanne M. Baker – Kona Coast Realty Corporation
- Roy H. Sakamoto – Sakamoto Properties Limited
- Sachiyo S. Braden – Sachi HI Pacific Century Prop.
- Sandy T. Ho – Dower Realty, Inc.
- Scott Adams – Prudential Advantage Realty
- Shannon D. Severance – RE/MAX Honolulu
- Shinji Kamimura – Seven Signatures International
- Stephanie L. Chan – Prudential Locations LLC
- Susan N. Borochov – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Suzanne M. Harding – Kukui’ula Realty Group LLC
- Thomas Loratta – Hualalai Realty
- Tom Tezak – Wailea Realty Corp
- Tony Kawaguchi – Hawaii Homes International
- Tony L. Pinkert – Hualalai Realty
- Tracey Anne Stott Kelley – Stott Real Estate, Inc.
- Tracy P. Allen – Coldwell Banker Pacific Prop.
- Trevor W. Benn – Benn Pacific Group, Inc.
- Walt Kubiak – Maui Westside Properties
- William B. Moffett – Moffett Properties
- Yvonne J. Khouri-Morgan – Mauna Lani Realty, Inc.
- Yvonne Summerfield – RE/MAX Kauai Living
HIS, in partnership with the Kauai Board of Realtors and Hawaii Island Realtors, is proud to have played a part in helping Hawaii Business build its list each year, although it is an independent program of the magazine. The full ranked list and all the details can be found in the June 2015 issue. For information on the criteria used to compile this and other lists, seeHawaii Business‘ write up of its methodology here.
Here’s a great opportunity to see the latest version of REsearch in person! The Hawaii Information Service team will be coming to Hilo, Kauai and Kona next week for special “REsearch 6 Sneak Peek” sessions.
These are not training sessions, but rather quick and friendly live demos with opportunities to ask questions and get some hands-on time with the system (if you’re not already participating in the beta test). These demos will take less than an hour and will be held throughout the day.
We hope you can join us — but each session can only accommodate 25 people, so please RSVP to Sam (a.k.a. Sue Ann) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 748-8760 as soon as possible with the location and time below that works best for you! And we will add additional sessions as these fill up.
Tuesday, June 9
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Location: Grove Farm Company Conference Room
3-1850 Kaumualii Hwy, Lihue, HI 96766
Tuesday, June 9
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Location: Hawaii Island Realtors Conference Room
1321 Kinoole St, Hilo, HI 96720
Wednesday, June 10
- 9 a.m. to 10: a.m.
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Location: West Hawaii Civic Center Meeting Hale
74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
If you have questions about these sneak peek sessions, drop Sam an email at email@example.com.
Below is the schedule of upcoming online training classes for the month of June. If you’re new to REsearch, we strongly encourage you to attend an “Orientation” session on June 8. Even if you’ve participated in a session before, it’s often a good idea to get a refresher. Our live trainers can answer your questions and help you get the most out of REsearch. Descriptions of each HIS webinar can be found here.
To sign up immediately, simply click on the links below. If you are going to participate/watch online classes as a group, only one person needs to sign up.
June 15-19, 2015
June 22-26, 2015
Instructions on how to register for online classes:
- To register, please click on the applicable link located below the class. The link will then take you to the registration site.
- Please complete all the required fields marked by a red asterisk (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone, Organization AKA Office Name).
- Click “Register Now” to complete the registration process. Once registered a confirmation email will be sent to your email address to confirm your registration along with a unique web ID number and instructions on how to login to the session on that day.
- If you need login assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer/Technical Support team at 800-628-3121, press # and then 457.
Remember, after you have participated, please make sure to fill out the survey or e-mail me your feedback so we can continue to improve upon our training efforts! Mahalo.
System Requirements for Online Classes
- PC-based attendees – Required: Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Macintosh®-based attendees – Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
System requirements apply only to the GoToMeeting webinar service, not to the REsearch system.
Questions? Comments? Please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 599-4224 or (800) 628-3121
We are happy to report that the planned release of REsearch 6 is continuing to move forward. Our software developers are putting the finishing touches on the system, and we are also pleased with the early results of our infrastructure upgrades.
Now, to ensure that REsearch 6 is ready for its official debut, we are kicking off our beta testing period.
If you would like a chance to get your hands on the next version of REsearch early, and can commit to providing us with solid feedback on the things that work and the things that could work better, please send us an email at email@example.com.
In your email, please let our team know that you’d like to have beta access to REsearch 6, and please share a few of your thoughts on how you use REsearch today. We’re looking to build a beta testing team that represents a wide variety of Realtors, with a range of technological prowess and real estate experience.
Thank you for your attention and ongoing support. We are excited to be delivering REsearch 6 later this summer!
Solid testing and user feedback is a critical part of ensuring the successful launch of REsearch 6. Up Next: REsearch 6 preview events and updated training!