The Hawaii Information Service Rules & Regulations have been updated and are now available for your review on the REsearch login page, or by clicking here.
HIS rules are subject to an annual compliance review by the National Association of Realtors, which publishes the model rules on which our rules are based. The changes made with this update come from the most recent changes to NAR’s standard MLS policies.
In summary, these changes are as follows:
- Cooperating brokers can request that listing brokers provide written confirmation that their offer was presented to the seller, or that the seller has waived the obligation to have the offer presented.
- Listing agents must warrant that they have the authority to license the content they submit to the MLS, and that said content can be used in statistical reports on comparable properties (comps).
- Participants must indemnify each other, rather than just the MLS, against claims and charges relating to the content submitted to the MLS.
- Participants agree to be subject to the rules and regulations of the MLS, the enforcement of which is at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Participants must follow a specified process when filing complaints relating to another participant’s unauthorized use of listing content, prior to taking legal action.
To see an annotated version of the rules, with changes indicated in red, please click here.
Should you have any questions about the rules, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1 (800) 628-3121, extension 172 if calling from the neighbor islands, or 599-4224 extension 172 if calling from Oahu.